Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lineup

Late game tonight (9:30 first pitch) . . . which is always an odd time to play.
I'm back at shortstop tonight, and Steve is out to left field. An odd choice, but I'm not the manager.

Yesterday my legs were really feeling all of the hard running I had done on Tuesday night. By the time I got home from work, they were starting to stiffen up, and my thighs basically felt like there were ice picks being driven into them. (A side effect of trying to run as fast as I could when I was 24.)

So, I decided to take a warm bath with epsom salts.
To soothe the aching muscles.
Which was, in and of itself, a fine idea.

But remember how I described what a raspberry is?
If you don't know what a raspberry is, it's when you burn the top couple of layers of skin off, leaving a huge, red, incredibly painful scrape. It's red and kinda bumpy (due to pores or hair follicles or something), giving it the general look of a raspberry skin.

Well, what's the best thing to put on a big (and by "big" I mean about 4 inches by 8 inches), raw, nerve-ending-exposing scrape?

How about warm, salty water??

Talk about "rubbing salt into the wound".

Yeah, I won't be doing THAT again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home